1. Those who matter will make an effort to stay in your life after graduation.
2. Know what you want to do in your life. Once you know, focus hard and follow your dreams.
3. Make a difference — volunteer!
4. Have enough respect for yourself to walk away from the bad ones and never chase after anyone.
5. Do not judge a book by its cover. Nobody’s perfect.
6. Family always comes first. Appreciate the moments you spend with them and remember to say “I love you.”
7. Think before you speak — everyone has feelings.
8. Keep smiling and realize how blessed you are for what you have.
9. Some lessons are learned best through pain. Learn from your mistakes but never forget them.
10. People will stare so make it worth their while.
11. Quality over quantity. A few best friends is much better than 100 acquaintances.
12. Explore and travel around while you are young.
13. You don’t HAVE to be in a relationship. Have fun and when the time comes, you’ll find someone.
14. Confidence makes you beautiful.
15. Read books and expand your mind.
16. Be a leader.
17. Work out and eat healthy now so you don’t have to worry about your weight in the future.
18. Learn how to say NO.
19. Keep yourself busy — knit, paint, cook, play a sport, read, etc…
20. Don’t be a slob. Dress nicely and keep your apartment/house tidy.
21. Be polite to everyone, even when they don’t deserve it.
22. Love your life."
2) Get on a long plane ride. Look out the window. Understand the immensity of our world. Understand your insignificance. Understand your absolute importance.
3) Press the send button. If you don’t say it now, you never will.
4) Do not sneer at happiness or roll your eyes at sadness. Be aware that apathy is not healthy.
5) You are more than the amount of people who want to have sex with you.
6) That pit in your stomach when he doesn’t text you back, it shouldn’t be there. No one should be able to control you like that.
7) Shopping is cathartic. Buy the shoes and deal with one-ply toilet paper for a while.
8) It will get better, but it will never be perfect. Learn to live through the small moments of happiness. When they disappear, remember they will resurface.
9) I promise that cookie will not change anything (except that it will make you smile).
10) Please, please, take care of yourself. You are everything to somebody. You are everything to your self. That alone is enough."